Monday, March 15, 2010

Beverly Hills 90210

" Don't annoy the fuck out of me shivangi. I swear I'll make you scrUb every inch of this room, especially THE BED! "t no

I just looked at Deeksha. I couldn't figure out what was grossing her out so much about having my boyfriend over. Okay, well maybe because she could hear me..and him.. and the stuff that kept falling with crashes that were too loud to notice but, dude this was my house. I didn't spend the last 5 years of my life working my ass off to JUST buy a house in Beverly Hills. I didn't want to be alone. Well, now ofcourse I wasn't because My sister had to move in and curb my freedom. But that was not the plan. Sidak, Natascha and Anjalee would be moving in soon and everything would have been perfect. Work, parites and guys. Just like we all had planned in high school. And everything was working according to plan till she moved in.

Having your sister move in with you does have its advantages I admit. How else would I know where all my stuff is. How else would I come home to an organised and well maintained house? Deeksha's OCD for cleanliness and order was something I definitely needed. But what happens when she starts acting like the house belongs to her, starts telling me who to bring over and who not too. What do you do when she starts bossing you around like she's the one in charge? Doesn't she realize that I'm a 25 year old woman, working and HORNY! I'm no longer that 16 year old teenager that was pretty much dependent on her for everything. Yes, I was dependent on her. As weird as it sounded, it was true. I got away with a lot because of her. My inability to lie or make up convincing stories was made up for. Her plans always worked. Foolproof.

Its not that I didn't want her around. It was just that she was too young. 15.. too young to be living with 4 young, sexually active women, who only wanted "big" good looking men, who they would get to shag once or maybe twice in their whole life and never see again. As far as, the word boyfriend is concerned, the only reason why I'm referring to him like that is because its what I portayed him as infront of my sister. I couldn't tell her that he was just another shag that I wasn't really interested in. I was protective of her. She didn't really believe in what I was doing, And i didn't want her to either. I odn't know why. It just didn't seem right. But that was going to be hard to hide with her around all the time. Late nights at clubs thrice a month and a new guy everytime, wasn't a very good example I was setting.

Anyway, back to where I had started. What was grossing her out so much? It was normal. I was normal. I had needs and they weren't supposed to be hanging in mid-air. I was supposed to do something about them and so I was. I hear the doorbell ring and I ignore Deeksha, who had been constantly speaking all this while. It probably was anjalee. I was excited. I was seeing her after so long. She was working as a publicist for someone, she wouldn't tell me about. She wanted to shock me. "You're going to FREAK out woman when I tell you who it is. You might just fall in love with after that xD " I ran down to get the door.

Yes, It was anjalee.. We hug for a long time. It was so good to see her.

" Here goes.. I'M WORKING WITH TAYLOR LAUTNER!! " she says at the top of her voice

"AIII.. OMFG OMFG OMFG. Tell me you're serious"

Deeksha, runs down the stairs, startled with the shriek.

"Hi anjalee"

"Heeyy"

"HEY, you're my best friend. Talk to me, hun. Tyalor Lautner. Fuck you lucky bitch."

"Too bad, I don't think he's hot. but yeah you can have him"

"Totally... You better tell me when and where to be whenever he is. Thats one guy Deeksha won't mind me having over"

We both laughed and kept talking. I showed anjee her room and helped her get her stuff in. We automatically started getting her stuff in order without actually realizing it because we were catching up on so much.

"Guess what? Sid and Natascha are moving in a week later. They're in austria visting natascha's family. This is going to be so SICK. I mean it. I can totally imagine it.Do you remember all the planning we did in carmel. We've most of the things on our to-do list, you know? Latin America, sky diving, white river rafting... ALMOST EVERYTHING.. And its-"

"Shiv, can I ask you something? " Anjalee interrupted.

"You have to ask? 'course babes"

"You met Kavit in Latin America, right? Its pretty ironic that you did. I mean, you're first boyfriend, in Latin America. Umm..? "

His name brings back the memories of a time, FAR behind. Somehow, it still makes me smile. Things have changed now. Too much actually, though I'm still the same. He was too when I last saw him. Still charasmatic, self aware, funny.. Ofcourse, this time he had his life in order, knew what he wanted and was where he had once wanted to be. A pilot. A tattooed pilot with one eyebrow piercing. He was there, alright. And I was surprided he recognised me. The embarrassing thing was that he only noticed me because I was constabtly staring at him. Actually his friend had noticed me staring at him and pointed it out to him. I had looked away immediately, but I could feel him looking at me. I wasn't sure if he would recognise me at all, so I just turned around and started paying attention to the conversation the rest were having.

"Just look at that hot Lationo. Shiv, I didn't take salsa lessons to just sit around and look at you dance. You've already hit the floor twice and have been there long enough to make me want to push you out of the way, and grab the men you're with " Sid was getting frustrated.

"Chiiill would you? You just have to get out there and dance. If no one's coming up its because you're sitting in one corner totally unnoticable. Get out here and show those men.. make them want to know whats there inside. Tell you what, the bartender over there has been looking at you for an hour now. I have a feeling he's going to take his break and ask you to dance" Sid looks to the right.

"Not BAD at all.. You better be right. You're the only one so far who has put that hot red dress to goof use and I am jealous. "

"Don't worry, I am."

"How is that?"

"because, he's coming over like, RIGHT NOW."

he came over alright and sid, was more than excited to put all that she had learned out there. And i was surprised. She was good. I could see she was having fun. The sudden pauses and the drops just made her sweat, after all, salsa isn't salsa if you don't sweat or dance till your feet hurt. I had the feeling, that they were going to do more than just dance.

Just then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there he was.

" Shivangi, right? "
"I'm surprised you recognised. How've you been?"
"Why so? You're not tha forgettable. How could I forget the girl, who kept postponing planned dates to lose weight"
I laughed.

" I cannot believe you just said that."
"So what are you doing these days? Apart from touring the world and salsa." I was taken aback because he remembered the most trivial of details. I had always planned on touring the world.
"Guess!"
"I'd be surprised it it weren't soemthng to do with languages. You're obsession with bangla and your funny pronounciation is hard to forget. " He teased.
I laughed again.
"Well, yeah, I guess you're right then. Besides, Im touring because Im so obsessed with learning new languages. With the UN presently.What about you? Sound engineer or pilot? Or both? "
"What to do you think?"
"Both"
"Why"
"Because you have an inexplicable obsession with being able to do everything and anything that you always denied."
" I guess you're right about that. The obsession! Still my problem-"

Anjalee snaps me back to the present.

"Umm.. Shiv? You going to answer that? You remember the rule, right? No question can be left unanswered."

"Funny, that you brought it up. I never really told you but you know I kind of always knew that it would happen. I always had the feeling, that it would happen one day. And probably it was the last time I saw him. But everything that happened that night, was something i expected. No wonder I was so excited all the time. " I smile and look away. " Waise, you need to shop. With the aount of weight you've lost, I don't think you'll fit into this stuff anymore"

"Oh! Yeah. Totally. That 6 months of a diet has made my figure look like a hockey stick"

"I agree. I liked your hips and chest line before. Now you're all flat"

"Uhh.. You checked me out THAT way. Sheesh! I'm moving out tomorrow, itself! I'm not safe here" She palyfully tugged the tank top in my hands. "

I laughed, " Yeah Yeah.. Whatever. All I'm saying is, PUT ON SOME WEIGHT LADY ANOREXIA. "

"You did not Just say that."

" I so did"

" TAKE IT BACK"

" Uh, NO, lady ANOREXIA " I turned to put the last pile of clothes in her cupboard.

WHAM! A pillow hit my head.
" So this is how you want it huh? BRING IT ON! "

*WHAM* *SWISH*


No comments: