Friday, June 11, 2010

A stranger becomes a friend.. :)

Sometimes its not that lover who truly loved you from the depths of his heart or the best friend who's been with you through the worst and the best of times who can make you feel like one beautiful person. Its that apparent stranger, who after one conversation feels like someone you've known for years. Today, I met Debra after a very, very long 3 years. She has changed. It was hard to recognize her. Everything from her hair, to the way she dresses and wears her make up has changed. Despite how much she has changed physically, there are some evergreen things about her. Like the way one feels around her, her pleasant and calming aura, and that smile which has the knowledge of decades behind it. I respect her for the strong woman that she is. Despite what she has been through her entire life, she is a woman who people look up to. Today, she talked to me. It was an unexpected conversation but nevertheless a much needed one.



"If you want to earn respect, you need to know how to earn it the right way. It comes with things you've done in the past and the things you're doing right now. I've seen so many young girls make these mistakes. I fortunately learned from their mistakes but at the same time did make a few mistakes I will regret my entire life. Men, baby, they come and they go. You should know one thing. A woman has the power to make men lick her feet if she uses her strengths in the right way, otherwise you end up licking their asses. That sudden silence and the way you just looked down tells me something. I don't know if you want to talk about it but if something has happened, I'm sure its not something that we can't fix. Is there someone? Was there someone? Because honey, you're too young. Men are going to flock you. And there is only one reason. You're a beautiful girl. You have everything. A pretty face, a good body, and most importantly brains. There is no reason why men won't fall for you. All you have to learn is how to keep them there- at your feet. You're young. Just enjoy your youth the right way. Believe me when I say you're a rare, beautiful girl. The guy who finally gets to make you his will be the most proud man in this world."

I don't know if I need to talk to anyone right now. She said so much more that made me feel like I deserve so much better, so much more. I don't remember where I read this, but it was a long time ago- IF YOU HAVE BEAUTY, BRAINS AND A VAGINA, THE WORLD IS AT YOUR FEET. HOW YOU MAKE YOUR PRESENCE FELT AND A GREAT PERSONALITY KEEPS THE WORLD WHERE IT FELL IN THE FIRST PLACE. How true! :)

And to my only question, "Sometimes I wonder why?"
She said, " Because you're beautiful."

1 comment:

nil said...

Dude. This is the best post. ever,
and the last 2 lines, stole the crown :)