Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Falling in love with the rain.. :)

This year seems to be getting better now. Finally! No really.. FINALLY!!! I just hope if it doesn't get any better, it just stays the way it is. *sigh*

My school bus was late today. AGAIN. Not something new, but today I didn't mind for a change. Despite the rain.

I've never really liked the rain, the wet and sticky feeling, unless I'm actually allowed to get soaked in the rain and play like a kid for hours and hours in never ending showers! Today I finally got a window seat in the bus (you never really get one because the 12th graders annoy you till you get up). And weirdly enough I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I was in one of those moods, when good memories just randomly hit your thoughts, like they're racing against each other to be remembered.. To be remembered for their innocence, their power to make you smile no matter how far you are from reliving those memories all over again. Throughout the bus ride home, I had my hand slightly out of the window, allowing the rain drops to touch my skin and make their way down my wrist to my elbow. Every drop that touched my skin, just had this special warmth to them, a sharp contrast to the coolness of their actual temperature. And every memory that came to my mind, like those rain-drops filled me with this warmth.. made me smile (Yes, I looked stupid smiling all by myself through a window seat in the bus) and the coolness of every drop calmed me down, stopped me from suffering from those bouts of nostalgia that sometimes make me sick. And these were memories of such a long time ago. From when I was a kid. They were about dreams I've had, the most embarrassing moments of my life as much as I've lived it till now, the good of the bad experiences.. And I realized how much I never wanted to grow up so fast. Ironically, I'm going to turn 16 tomorrow. How I wish I could be a kid for so much more time. I just can't seem to get enough of being young! :)

And there you have it, I'm in love with the rain all over again. :)

3 comments:

Ramit Grover said...

Oh Happy Birthday Girl! Happy Sweet Sixteen!

And you know what, you're as much a kid as you want yourself to be, and you're as much grown up as you yourself want to be. It's your life, give it your best shot, time that goes on does not come back.

God bless you, and here's to many many more happy sensitive lovely adorable memories!

Ramit Grover said...

Yeah, and not a good idea to get wet and soaked in the rain, you'll just fall sick!

Oh well, don't want to be the party mood buster!

Go get wet Shiv! Good luck! And Happy Birthday!

Shivangi Sud said...

Thank You TBG! :D

And you're right. I can grow up at whatever pace I want! :)

And the rain! I'm just loving it right now! Getting wet is the best idea I've had so far! :)

Thanks once again! :)