Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm changing

I'm changing. I have to. Not because I don't have a choice but because I choose to, because I want to.

Sometimes, intentions aren't interpreted the way you want them to be, and you have no one but yourself to blame because you never made your intentions clear or understandable in the first place. And thats precisely why you lose out on people you care about. And when you do you can't even blame yourself because you don't remember meaning any harm.

But thats where I was wrong. I was recently told, "You don't have to stop speaking or giving advice or, for that matter, not give you opinion. You just have to manipulate what comes out of your mouth. People won't automatically grow brains and think about what you really meant. So don't just say the right thing, say it how it's supposed to be said "

Thats when I realized, for anything you say, to be taken in the right way, you need to do say it the right way. At the end of the day, its how you say it that will make a difference, that will have the impact and make people think about it later, no matter how much they pretend not to care.

So I'm changing the way I put things across. Being blatantly honest isn't a bad thing. But now I realize you need to be honest about things to people who can accept your opinion. You can't just say something because you want to. You have to keep in mind the person you're talking to, his feelings, his ego, his opinion.

Now, the only major problem. What if you can't lie? What if your smile gives you away and even if you say something, your expression goes against it. But there's a solution to that. Sometimes its easy to get away with just, " What I or the others think doesn't matter actually. If you like it, go ahead. "



No comments: