Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Dark

The Dark can be BEAUTIFUL. I've lived pleasant memories in it. Its the unseen face of secrecy, its the rustle of whispers barely heard, its the touch of someone else's emotion, its home to the friend you have in you. I look up to see this beauty crash with its beastly side. I can hear the black hole of the other side trying to suck in all the pleasantness. I am too repelled to be drawn into the mouth of hell and so I walk towards the light. Knowing where to find it again, knowing the treasures it holds, knowing that it will always be, I walk back into the beauty of the dark when I've had a little too much of the light.

7 comments:

Ramit Grover said...

Whoa. Copyright this.

UjjwalRaaj said...

Have you been drinking?

Shivangi Sud said...

Just because I seem to see the slightest bit of positivity in the dark, doesn't mean I'm drinking. Unfortunately, you wouldn't know what I'm talking about because you only know one side of the dark. Didn't mean ANY offense.

Secondly, I've clearly mentioned here that there is another, UGLY side to the dark that I stay away from.

UjjwalRaaj said...

chill. Learn to recognize the slightest bit of humor in the midst of all seriousness!

Shivangi Sud said...

Actually, had you known well enough, I have to learn to recognize a bit of seriousness in the midst of all the humor. But thanks anyway.

UjjwalRaaj said...

had you known me better ,you'd know i was kidding.

Shivangi Sud said...

You're right. Had I known you well-enough. I don't.