Sunday, August 15, 2010

Independence Day

And here I am today, alive and well, celebrating my country's 63rd Independence Day. And nothing makes me prouder than the fact that I am Indian.

Happy Independence Day India and fellow Indians. To be honest, this doesn't count for those who keep finding faults in our country and would prefer going abroad because they think life isn't worth it here. Yes, I'm looking at you if you're one of them. One piece of advice, if you don't like it here, GO AWAY. There are millions like me who have a place called HOME here, who have found themselves in this country, who have proudly made being an INDIAN a part of their identity. Yes, there are millions like those and they're ready to kick you out of here if you can't appreciate it.

Yes, we have our imperfections. We are NOT perfect! But really WHAT THE FUCK, NEITHER ARE YOU! If there's nothing you can do to help, I'd rather have you shut up than blabber bloody cynical nonsense. And you know what, for those who can't believe things are going to change, whose hopelessness is anything but an encouragement, don't even have the right to wait and watch when the change comes along. Because its on its way.

There is a cordial warmth in this country. There is an essence of individuality. There is pride in being the most culturally diverse country in the world. There is a history that makes us salute those who have given up their lives for us to simply see a future that they couldn't. And most of all, there is a heritage where every single race, every single tribe, every single Indian can trace their origins to. If that's not something to be proud of, what is?

Happy Independence Day once again! :)

3 comments:

Ramit Grover said...

This has to be the best I-day post I've read today.

Rem. said...

You know what Shivangi,
that one post made me proud of knowing you. Coz you just said everything that I wanted to scream throughout that one day...I mean, you should've seen some of the cynical comments on statuses...It was SO BLOODY annoying.
Bullshit.
But yes, your post brought a smile. And a resounding slap to everyone who spoke shit about our country today.
;D
we rock-yo.
It's still 1 minute to midnight,
but Happy Independence Day to you ;D

Shivangi Sud said...

Thank You Remya! :D

And I know what you mean about the cynical comments. If those people think that they're earning respect by mentioning our drawbacks or they think we appreciate their knowledge when they openly humiliate our country, they need a reality check. Because all I feel like doing is kicking them hard in their bloody gut!