Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Diary: Does She Know?

They say, "Sometimes you don't know what you have till you've seen someone's loss...." How true!

She said, "I've waited. I know I have... But you know what, I'd rather keep waiting. For myself if not for anything else. It may be false hope... But if I've waited so long, I'd like to wait simply because I have so much time at stake already. It may be fruitless... And that feeling isn't pleasant.. But in the end, while I wouldn't be able to live with the fact I gave up, I can still live knowing that I waited... maybe for nothing.... But I can't be sure of that. And that has kept me going."

The tear she held back then, spilled the truth of a heart forcefully caged in hope... Just so she could keep herself together.

A friend had heard every word that I had. Somehow, neither of us had anything to say. Neither of us could tell her to let go and move on, because we didn't have the courage to shatter hope, whose innocence, forced us to believe that maybe sometimes, we should just hold on to the tiny pieces that we can fit together.

But seeing her... the loss of her time.... I like to believe that I have what she doesn't... Almost a decade of time that I won't have regrets for....

But I respect her.. Why? Because... she has the strength to hold on.. while... I would rather just let go.

Time is running by... But Does She Know?

2 comments:

nil said...

The last line,
Wow.

This post.. I have a feeling it's not fiction.
It's beautiful, nevertheless shiv.

Shivangi Sud said...

Nilanjana, you're the other friend here btw! :)

Does anything click now?

And Ujjwal.. What's with the "sigh." ?