Sunday, August 15, 2010

From a Friend to Another

This goes out for two people in particular.. One is my best friend. And the other, well, is my best friend's Chuddy Buddy, as she likes to say.

I had written I CONFESS.. for this friend of mine, some time ago. But I don't really think she understood what I was trying to say.

Dear Friend,
It used to be ME and YOU against the world.It used to be long conversations everyday, without caring about whether we had anything important to talk about or not. It used to be more than just "Tell me what's been going on? It's been so long." It used to be more than just the seldom phone conversations just for the heck of it. And as much as I hate to admit it, I'd rather have us not talking at all, than being what we are right now. I'm at the verge of giving up. I'm still trying to hold on though. But incase I can't, just know that I tried harder than you did. Just know, that these are the efforts I will NEVER regret, because friendship is something I can never. And in our case, it was more than that. Funny, how I can't say that it IS more than that now, because to be honest, we both know its not. And this goes out to promises you couldn't keep about still being the same person. Because whether you admit it or not, you're NOT the person I knew like the back of my hand! And you can never have reasons good enough to explain why you changed.

You couldn't perceive my need.. My need for a shoulder to cry on, an ear to whisper my pain into. You overlooked my hand when I had held it up the highest as a call for help. Perhaps you didn't even know it was me. And that's what we are now. And maybe it's all we can be now.. If I'm ever asked why, I can't even look at you for the answers, the reasons, because you never seem to have any.

It's not about where you are, its about who you've become. And well, this might just be it from my side, because I was friends with the person you WERE, not whoever it is that you are now.

Yours
Shivangi and Another Friend (For her Chuddy Buddy! )

2 comments:

nil said...

Thanks for doing this for me,Shiv :)

Shivangi Sud said...

You're welcome Nil! :)
Lets just hope it works! :|